World Traffic 3.5.2 for X-Plane 11 and X-Plane 12 Installation/Update Page
NOTE: If clicking the links below does not work, right-click on the links and select the "Save link as ..." option.
1. Install World Traffic using the installer or zip files
Installer Executable (Windows Only!):
WT3 3.5 Installer
- open the zip file and extract the executable and run it. Pick your
main X-Plane folder as the installation folder and nothing else unless
you want to move files around afterwards.
Zip File for all Operating Systems:
WT 3.5 Zip File - open the zip file and drag the 2 folders into your main X-Plane folder, not "X-Plane/resources", or anything else. Mac users, make sure you merge the files so as to not overwrite folders
X-Plane 11 Windows Plugin
WT3.5 Plugin Zip File - Extract win.xpl into this folder over the existing win.xpl file: X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\WorldTraffic\64\
The mac and linux plugins work for both X-Plane 11 and X-Plane 12
WT3.5 Plugin Zip File - Google Drive Link
2. Install the Aircraft (Last
Updated Oct. 1, 2022) This is a major update offering lots of fixes,
enhancements, and performance improvements as well
Aircraft and flight schedules have been put together by this
group of people. Get them all here after you have installed WT3.
These are mostly the same files as those that currently exist but with
the addition of particle effects for several aircraft.
NOTE: The aircraft and flight schedules are AN INTERIMIN UPDATE until they release the new version of their files.
Aircraft Installer (windows only) - Pick your main X-Plane folder as the installation folder and nothing else unless you want to move files around afterwards.
Aircraft zip file (All Operating Systems) - open the zip file and drag the 2 folders into your main X-Plane folder, not "X-Plane/custom scenery", or anything else. Mac users, make sure you merge the files so as to not overwrite folders
Aircraft zip flile - Google Drive Link (seems to work best with Mac)
3. Install the Flight Schedules
NOTE: Before installing this, always empty this folder first as flight schedules often have new names: X-Plane\ClassicJetSimUtils\WorldTraffic\RouteFiles\AFRE_Real_Traffic
Flight Schedules zip file - open zip file and extract all files into the folder on the above line
Flight Schedules zip file - Google Drive Link
XP12 - Known Issues
- No sounds exist for AI aircraft. I'm currently making the switch to FMOD so watch for that
- Aircraft lighting has changed in XP12 so many
aircraft logo lights are inoperable and taxi/landing lights are way too
bright. I'll be building a batch aircraft convertor into WT to fix all
of the aircraft.
Get the User manual here:
WT 3.5 Release Notes:
- The aircraft builders have added lots of new aircraft and liveries.
- Lots of animation fixes for landing gear and addition of slotted flaps to many aircraft that were missing them
- Creation of parked aircraft objects
with no animations which get drawn for parked aircraft. Animations are
a big frame rate killer so this gives a big performance boost at busy
- deal with mismatches between
navigraph data and X-Plane runway data due to magnetic
drift. For example, say the navigraph data has STARs for
runway 16L but in X-Plane, the runway is now known as 17L, WT will
match the navigraph STARs for 16L to the new runway name.
- approach updates so STARs end earlier
when planes require back-tracking to the airport so they don't fly 15
miles past the airport - STAR exit points are calculated automatically
for generic STARs and stored in the airport ops file. They can be
overwritten by the user.
- make sure a SID is exited at cruising alt if close already to arrival airport
- handle approaches where the runway
lat/lon coordinates are not defined in the navigraph data - get the
info from apt.dat instead when this happens.
- end approach early if final approach
leg doesn't look like it will end up having plane lined up with runway
like the VDM16 approach at LGZA
- added section to define bridges that
aircraft taxi over for places like EDDM where aircraft taxi over a
bridge that cars drive under
- added button to save/reload STARs in Airport Operations window
- move "use dynamic taxi routes only"
option to airport ops window since it's specific to an airport and
should be a persistent setting
- make sure correct runway operations is selected when going to a new airport which can happen like when not using WT ATC
- added runway option for runway to allow touch-and-gos in airport ops file
- add fields to airport ops file to set
max GA/mil flights per day per aircraft type - up to a max of 8 per day
per parking spot are allowed - also add percent out and back
- add field to airport ops file that
lets you specifiy if that parking spot has a ground service bus. This
is set on by default for gates and off otherwise. If on, aircraft that
support the bus will leave their navigation lights on when parked.
- Added wind gust modeling. Click here for vid.
- planes decelerate slower when landing if their exit is far ahead
- always set GA aircraft weights to MTOW so they don't take off so fast for short flights
- climb rate for GA planes seems optimistic... check t/o dist too - looking at vids, 17 seconds for a C-172 to takeoff
- fixed several aircraft base files
which had bad values affecting takeoff performance, in-flight AOA,
cruise speed, and acceleration
- if a taxi route is significantly shorter than another but has a further exit point, use it!
- have planes slow down slowly if their exit is far ahead of the normal landing distance value
- don't stop for collision avoidance if plane on same route if more than 10 seconds away from departing
- when planes require back-tracking on
landing, have them turn around on runway as soon as their speed
gets down to 4 kts instead of going all the way to the end of the runway
- for small props make them less likely
to be selected as planes in out and back flights but more likely to be
selected in one-way flights and make king airs even less likely than
C-421 for out and back
- fixed bug where sometimes planes wouldn't accelerate
- allow follow-me trucks to be used to arrival too
GA Flight Creation
- new way of creating GA flights - get
rid of sliders for GA/MIL flights - flights are now created on a
per-gate basis so that X flights per day per parking spot are created
with the same aircraft/tail number being used for each of those
flights, so no more problems not being able to find parking spots for
GA planes. Flights will be either out-and-back or one-way flights
with returns with adequate spacing between flights.
- This was supported before but a few
changes have been made. If routes are defined in the
WorldTraffic/FlightPlans folder, planes will pick one randomly instead
of using auto-routes. These are especially useful for GA planes
doing out and back flights if you want the planes to follow some
typical routes or sight-seeing or training flight routes instead of
having the planes just do random 3 segment out and back routes
- traffic patterns have been improved
- make touch-and-gos only a 50% chance
for an out and back flight and then for the touch and gos, assign a
random number between 1 and 3
- assign a higher proportion of light props to out and back flights and have the small props do more direct flights
- fixed problem with planes parking at wrong spot at arrival airport
- gaps now supported in parking spot start and end points
- don't allow GA planes ever to park in
spots marked for GA planes (operator set to NONE) and don't allow any
non-GA planes ever to park in GA spots
- don't use light/small props with defined operators as GA planes
- completed ATC changes and interface so other ATC products can interface to WT
- when flights are created
display how many parking spots found and how many taxi route edges
and nodes were found, and how many fixed taxi routes were loaded and
what file was used for the taxi network
- darker background for key command menu and ATC menu - made green brighter